About Us

The Dublin Games Guild is a wargaming club based in Gamers World in Dublin city centre. We meet on Wednesdays from 6pm onwards. We have dozens of members who play a huge ranges of games Warhammer 40,000, ,Warmachine/HORDES, 15mm, historical etc. Come join us any time or email us on dgg@gregfarrell.org to arrange a game

Tuesday, 13 November 2012

The Hobby Butterfly

As many of you who know me will know already, I'm one of those people who always seems to have 4 or 5 different ideas on the go at any time. It's probably that I simply don't like repetitive painting, but like the idea of having large fully painted armies. Its probably why after the best part of 15 years gaming, I have finished far fewer armies than I should have. I also have huge amounts of unpainted and unassembled plastic, metal and resin sitting around the Lennycave.

So, I've decided to do a monthly series of articles to set myself goals to get me painting again. I'll still have multiple projects on the go, but this should help me to make some progress. I bought a pack of index cards, so I'll be writing my goals on these and posting them on the wall above my painting table as a reminder. I will post early every month as best I can (no promises on exact dates) including photos of my progress and probably a list of excuses as to why I didn't paint what I said I would, along with next month's goals.

So here's the goals for November.

Warhammer - The Empire
  • Knight - test colour scheme
  • Handgunner - test colour scheme

Warhammer 40,000 - Chaos Space Marines
  • Assemble and paint 10 man Chaos Space Marines squad

Warhammer 40,000 - Dark Eldar/Eldar
  • Assemble 2000 point army
  • Finish Wych squad
  • Finish Raider

HORDES - The Blindwater Congregation
  • Finish Thrullg
  • Finish Professor Pendrake

4 comments:

  1. Hah Hobby butterfly you say... that is a crazy amount of stuff to be painting lenny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I should probably try to do some of it at least....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Painting is like a lot of other things it just about getting into the habit of doing some, so here's hoping Lenny that you get into a good habit on the painting front.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely Frank, couldn't agree more. If I can get back into the habit of doing a good hour/hour and a half most days I'll start getting a lot done quickly enough.

    ReplyDelete